Checking Out The Upgraded Lowbie Loot In Ragefire Chasm

Yes, yes, I know, I start big.


When a whole bunch of things have been overhauled, I bring my now-68 mage into Orgrimmar, clear my inventory up a bit, and head into Ragefire Chasm to see the "blue loot" the bosses drop for my very own. (and maybe get some equipment for my new lvl 12 Paladin)


My Experience - Overview



Every mob dropped more than 40c each
The first green drop was within the first few mobs of the instance door on multiple runs and was lvl 9-10
All of the Vendor Trash that dropped was worth over 60c each, and there was more Trash
The equipment seemed higher level, but hard to tell - I seem to remember Allakhazam was busy or this item does not exist. Click to search again. ',VAUTO,HAUTO,FULLHTML);" onmouseout="return nd();">Mystic Belt only dropping in Wailing Caverns before, but it dropped here for sure.
Some equipment now has +to damage, healing, crit, etc much like the Outlands gear, instead of just having +stats
The blues that drop are of the same name the boss drops used to be, just they've been upgraded in quality so they now qualify as "Blue". Very nice stuff for the low-teens level.



Patch 2.3 Increases Amount of Trash Dropped In Dungeons


I ran through the dungeon twice because it's fast, and the first time through I did the "standard inventory clear" at the bank before heading in. "Standard" in this case was backed up by the past few weeks of doing RFC AOE runs for equipment, cash, linen and all that jazz for my new pack of healer lowbies, but "standard" turned out to be wrong...


AOE Farming For Cash And Lowbie Equipment

The first run through, I wasn' even to Hungerer when my inventory filled up. For the second run I cleared out all but absolute bare essentials in my backpack (and what's that small thing, 12 slots?? 14?) and at the end of the instance, I was packed absolutely full. Patch 2.3 has certainly increased the amount of trash dropped in this dungeon, and I'd assume that goes for all the old-world Azeroth and Eastern Kingdoms instances.



Loot Tally, Cash Tally


The first time through I ended up with more Greens (15) than the second time through (8), but both times, both Jergosh the Invoker and Tag the Hungerer dropped blue gear, and both times I came out with about 1g50s of profits from corpse loots, vendor trash, and white equipment trash. (this is vs the 65c I was getting pre-patch 2.3)



Player Quality Of Rare Drops


Decide for yourself!


Robe of Evocation
Binds when picked up
Chest(Robe)Cloth
32 Armor
+5 Intellect
+4 Stamina
Requires Level 13
Equip: Improves spell critical strike rating by 5.
Item display is courtesy world of warcraft.allakhazam.com. ',VAUTO,HAUTO,FULLHTML);" onmouseout="return nd();">Robe of Evocation

Crystalline Cuffs
Binds when picked up
WristCloth
14 Armor
+2 Spirit
+2 Intellect
Requires Level 13
Equip: Increases damage and healing done by magical spells and effects by up to 4.
Item display is courtesy world of warcraft.allakhazam.com. ',VAUTO,HAUTO,FULLHTML);" onmouseout="return nd();">Crystalline Cuffs

Cursed Felblade
Binds when picked up
Main HandSword
22 - 42 DamageSpeed 2.60
(12.3 damage per second)
Requires Level 13
Chance On Hit: Reduces target enemy\'s attack power by 25 for 30 seconds.
Item display is courtesy world of warcraft.allakhazam.com. ',VAUTO,HAUTO,FULLHTML);" onmouseout="return nd();">Cursed Felblade

Subterranean Cape
Binds when picked up
BackCloth
16 Armor
+4 Agility
+4 Strength
Requires Level 13
Item display is courtesy world of warcraft.allakhazam.com. ',VAUTO,HAUTO,FULLHTML);" onmouseout="return nd();">Subterranean Cape

Chanting Blade
Binds when picked up
One-HandDagger
12 - 24 DamageSpeed 1.50
(12.0 damage per second)
+3 Agility
+2 Stamina
Requires Level 13
Item display is courtesy world of warcraft.allakhazam.com. ',VAUTO,HAUTO,FULLHTML);" onmouseout="return nd();">Chanting Blade

Cavedweller Bracers
Binds when picked up
WristMail
71 Armor
+3 Strength
+4 Stamina
Requires Level 13
Item display is courtesy world of warcraft.allakhazam.com. ',VAUTO,HAUTO,FULLHTML);" onmouseout="return nd();">Cavedweller Bracers


(hey cool, this was a partial test to see if whatever my wordpress Addon uses for doing the WoW Item link needed to be updated or not - nope! yay!)