Be&D takes the Genesis to the next level with sleek calfhair

With the roaring popularity of leopard print seemingly chugging into spring unabated (Givenchy, anyone?), it looks like haircalf bags are here to stay. For those of you who wince at furry things of any type, that’s too bad. For those of us who like the slick, neat look of a good haircalf bag, this development couldn’t find us any more pleased. What’s even better is that the material’s popularity for leopard bags and shoes has started to spill out into other bag inspiration, which is perhaps why we now have the option of the Be&D Genesis Satchel in super slick black pony.

Because I have a 15-year-old goth living inside of me somewhere who refuses to leave, one of my favorite cold-weather looks is layered black in lots of different textures. The look gives a whiff of badass to whomever dons it, and a bag like this is the absolute perfect way to tie up an intensely dark, brooding outfit.

So this is what I’m envisioning: leather leggings, python booties, a giant, soft cashmere knit tunic and this bag. Perhaps some gunmetal jewelry. I should also mention that I dye my hair black and wear black-framed Ray-Ban glasses, which means that I probably look ridiculous and perhaps a bit scary in all of my black, but if frightening small children isn’t part of embracing fashion freedom, then I ask you, what is? This pony bag would fit right in with my goth getups, but even if you prefer a little more winter variation, this tactile-yet-functional bag could likely find a home somewhere in your closet. Buy through Matches for $2102.