Mage Dings 70, Buys Epic Flyer

Yep, I did it again!


In September, my Hunter made it to level 70, and that was my first toon to hit 70, having been at the level cap of 60 before Burning Crusade came out.


Bluehairmage is my second toon to hit 70, and he was level 23 or so when Burning Crusade came out, but I've had a lot of fun advancing him all the way through and he's pretty well-rounded (fishing, cooking, first aid, quest blues, dungeon experience, the first of a few crafted epics).


Mage hits 70, buys epic flying


Epic Flying Fetish - How I Did It



I've decided that while some people like to see all the high-end dungeons and get all the high-end loot and deal with the high-end drama, that I like the quiet places in life where money accumulates quickly enough to be able to afford Epic Flying right at hitting 70 - with a little bit of planning, of course.


Purchasing Swift Red Windrider

I could have played my mage every day and ground out quests every time I was on, and made it to 70 long before I could afford the 6000g or so it takes to buy 225 riding and 300 riding + the Swift mount itself, but I didn't play it that way - I based my levelling off of the cash in my bank and that gave me the incentive to save money so I could level this toon through to 70 and start to get involved in some of the cool stuff I haven't done much with.


Should I Get Another Netherdrake?

At about level 66 for both my Hunter and my Mage, I had about 3500g in the bank, as a reference point. This seemed to work for me. But both times, just before I was ready to ding 70, I had to do an extra "sales push", selling banked materials with no real earmarked purpose in order to squeeze out the last 500g. Enchanting materials happened to be the ones that tipped me over this time, whereas last time it was a general "garage sale" of junk from all of my toons.


Next Toon In Line?


Well, my toon family is growing thin in terms of "close to 70%26#8243;. I have a 61 Warrior who has been parked for quite a while and I have no real interest in dusting off at this time, and after that is my 45 Rogue and Priest.


So... lots of time to save up for the next one I guess, but I also have toons hitting 50 soon who will need significant cash investments for upgrading professions quickly, so we'll see how it goes!