warhammer Warpatch

I'm fairly angry right about now. For about 13 hours now, WAR won't work. I was playing just fine on 1.0.4. I logged in for a bit last night around four or five pm EST and messed about a bit, then logged out. I went out to eat and have a couple drinks, and at around eight thirty or nine, tried to play. It gave me an error saying warpatch.bin cannot be opened.



Since then, I have tried a myriad of different things to fix this. I tried deleting warpatch.bin and letting the patcher make a new one (fail). I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, which now gives me a new error:






STUPID STUPID GAME wrote:


The patch client was unable to retrieve the file [patcher.prod.sig] from the patch server. Please try the patch operation again in a short while.






I've tried running as administrator (fail). I've tried replacing the warpatch.exe that was posted in the WARherald (fail). Then I tried calling customer support. Oh god, why? That was the most painful, irritating experience, and you can't even talk to a real person.



Can any of you help me? I'm at a complete loss. I just want to play my game. Here are my system specs:






My specs wrote:


OS: WIndows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit


Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce 7950 GT KO 512 MB


RAM:Can't remember brand name, but 2 gigs of ddr2


CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+


No firewall enabled, warpatch.exe on exceptions list anyways


I get that warpatch.bin error if my internet is flaky but it goes away after a restart. Do you have a router? see what happens when you take that out and plug your PC directly to your cable modem or dsl line. Is anyone else using your internet connection? Bittorrent can often times have a bad effect on connectivity so make sure you're not running that on your connection while playing.



other than that, I have no idea why it would fail unless there's something wrong with your ISP...


UPDATE FOR THOSE THAT CARE:



Yeah, it's my provider. My barracks I live in was taken over by civilians, and internet was provided for all. There was a happy, merry time, in which everything worked. But then they struck. Pirates.



Apparently, Cox found out a bunch of people in the barracks were illegally pirating movies, and in order for our housing people to avoid legal action, they sealed off damn near every port. I can't do anything but browse. The provider is currently working out a situation, and I'm trying to find out which ports I need open for WAR. Then they'll open them and I can play again.



Man, this sucks. I can't seem to catch a break. I waited for years for the game to come out, missed the launch because I was in Iraq, come home, am able to play for one glorious day in which my Black Orc makes it to level 4, and then LOCKDOWN. I just want to relax and play my damn game. Hopefully this gets sorted out soon. I haven't even been able to try PvP yet


Ouch dude that sucks hard. I hate COX personally, they're so apt to punish normal users for pirates actions. I hope you get things straightened out! Hit me up on Chrollo if you want company and are still lower ranked, I'd roll an alt to game with you. I have a rank 8 chosen as well, can't remember its name.