The Casual Mage: PvP In My 70-Gear-Up Strategy

Now that my Troll Mage is level 70, I have been working at gearing up to level 70 equipment that brings my stats up high enough to be a good contribution to Heriocs dungeons every time I go in, instead of being the weaker link.


I did a wee bit of research on our realm for guilds recruiting for Karazhan teams, and talked to the Mage Lead of a "casual", "adults", "raiding guild" that I knew my toon would not yet qualify for. This Mage Lead gave me some advice on my equipment and gems, answered my questions and gave me basic numerical goals to strive for in order to get myself equipped up far enough to join someone's Kara team, if I ever choose to.



PvPing for Epic Cloth Bracers (socketable)


Holding The Warsong Gulch Flag

As a result of chatting with this Mage Lead, I headed directly towards the Battlemasters and begun the task of accumulating enough Warsong Gulch tokens (20) and Honor in general (just under 12k worth) to be able to afford the Vindicator\'s Silk Cuffs
Binds when picked up
WristCloth
103 Armor
+29 Stamina
+22 Intellect
\'yellow\' Yellow Socket
Socket Bonus: +2 Spell Damage
Classes: Warlock Mage Priest
Requires Level 70
Equip: Increases damage and healing done by magical spells and effects by up to 27.
Equip: Improves spell critical strike rating by 17.
Equip: Improves your resilience rating by 13.
Item display is courtesy world of warcraft.allakhazam.com. ',VAUTO,HAUTO,FULLHTML);" onmouseout="return nd();">Vindicator's Silk Cuffs which I'll be using to upgrade my current Level 66-green, Consortium Bracer of ...
Binds when equipped
WristCloth
58 Armor
Requires Level 66
Item display is courtesy world of warcraft.allakhazam.com. ',VAUTO,HAUTO,FULLHTML);" onmouseout="return nd();">Consortium Bracer of the Owl.


This epic cloth bracer that is restricted to Priest, Mage and Warlock use is apparently the best bracer and the easiest to get for a solo Mage player, pre-Karazhan, and some Mages have told me they would keep it past Karazhan as well.



PvPing For The Honor and Letting Fun Decide


I found that getting the 20 WSG tokens was much easier than getting the 12k honor, but that just meant I had more choice about my Battlegrounds after I had accumulated the 20 WSG tokens, and could therefore have more fun with the process.


I've taken the time to learn the Eye of the Storm battleground for the first time since it was released and have quite enjoyed playing it although it doesn't garner as much honor per round as Alterac Valley does.


I'm still learning about what changes have occurred with Alterac Valley battleground itself as well - I played it for a number of months a year ago in order to earn my epic land mount, the Frostwolf Howler, but Blizzard has implemented various changes to the battleground since then and it's changed some dynamics.


I haven't spent much time in Arathi Basin this time for no particular reason...


At any rate, some rounds are great and I'm part of a team that pounds the Alliance into the ground, but some rounds are long and painful (especially in WSG!) and full of annoyed players whining on the Battleground line.


In the end, however, I will have my fourth epic level 70 piece that won't be replaced until Karazhan or the Expansion pack, whatever comes first!