Powerlevelling Tailoring Cheaply: Linen Wool and Silk

At level 64 my Mage dropped skinning (which was at 375) and picked up Tailoring as a way to get a leg up on getting the best equipment for my Mage when the time comes to pick up things like Primal Nethers in the dungeon runs I'm doing.


Farming Linen Cloth


As a Troll was my first character and I didn't actively play anything other than one character until that one hit 60 (pre-expansion), Orgrimmar is the city that I'm most used to, so whenever it comes time to pick up some training, Orgrimmar is where I default to.


AOE Farming of Ragefire Chasm / RFC

So, I went into The Drag and picked up Tailoring, and then I headed into the Cleft of Shadows and jumped into Ragefire Chasm, aka RFC - a dungeon aimed for level 12-17 Hordies (you CAN get in at level 8 but I wouldn't recommend trying that in a Pick Up Group of strangers).


I farmed through RFC twice for the Linen Cloth
Trade Goods
Item display is courtesy world of warcraft.allakhazam.com. ',VAUTO,HAUTO,FULLHTML);" onmouseout="return nd();">Linen Cloth and lowbie green equipment drops (you see, ever the alt-o-holic, I have a new lowbie - currently level 10 druid) and after those two smashingly-fun AOE-fest farm-throughs, I had enough linen to turn into enough bolts to make enough Tailoring gear that I could consider progressing on to Wool Cloth
Trade Goods
Item display is courtesy world of warcraft.allakhazam.com. ',VAUTO,HAUTO,FULLHTML);" onmouseout="return nd();">Wool Cloth very shortly.



Farming Linen Cloth and Wool Cloth


Deadmines was the next dungeon that I farmed through with my Mage - I have never gone through the instance as an Alliance player (my highest Alliance toon made it to 20 but never instanced), but since one of my guildmates got to mid-40s with an Alliance toon as his first he was able to pass on the information that Deadmines (sometimes called Van Cleef so it's not confused with Dire Maul when referred to in short form) is a GREAT place to farm for both Linen Cloth and Wool Cloth.


Deadmines isn't as easy to AOE group up in some spots because while all the Defias guys (Defias Conjurer, Defias Blackguard, Defias Bodyguard, Defias Digger, Defias Evoker, Defias Henchmen, etc) were easy enough to round up (and I resisted anything the casters threw at me so that wasn't a big deal), the Goblin Woodcarvers later on threw axes at me and knocked me down mid-gather. Ah well, they all died for their treachery.


Mage AOE Farming of Deadmines / Van Cleef dungeon

My favorite place to gather everyone up and hose them all down with my Blizzard spell was near the end, as I was approaching the final boss Van Cleef - out on the docks with the plethora of Pirates and their companion Parrots. From what I remember, none of them were casters so it was super easy to gather them up and mow them down, and the death sounds of the little parrots was great! ;) ;)



Farming Silk Cloth


When it comes to Silk, there's one place that I think of - Scarlet Monestary. I've actually nicknamed that "The Silk Factory" and generally refer to it that way when someone saw my 64 Mage in Scarlet Monestary and wondered what was going on.


At the level of Silk in Tailoring, things start to slow down quite a bit. Where I only needed 2 runs each of RFC and VC, I probably did 4 runs of the Scarlet Monestary Armory and 3 of the Scarlet Monestary Cathedral in order to get enough Silk Cloth
Trade Goods
Item display is courtesy world of warcraft.allakhazam.com. ',VAUTO,HAUTO,FULLHTML);" onmouseout="return nd();">Silk Cloth to progress past it into things that required Mageweave Cloth
Trade Goods
Item display is courtesy world of warcraft.allakhazam.com. ',VAUTO,HAUTO,FULLHTML);" onmouseout="return nd();">Mageweave Cloth.


I brought a guildmate friend through with me for at least two of the Scarlet Monestary runs to help spread the benefit around - burning off rest bonus on his lowbie toon and getting some equipment upgrades while handing over all of the Wool Cloth
Trade Goods
Item display is courtesy world of warcraft.allakhazam.com. ',VAUTO,HAUTO,FULLHTML);" onmouseout="return nd();">Wool Cloth, Silk Cloth
Trade Goods
Item display is courtesy world of warcraft.allakhazam.com. ',VAUTO,HAUTO,FULLHTML);" onmouseout="return nd();">Silk Cloth and Mageweave Cloth
Trade Goods
Item display is courtesy world of warcraft.allakhazam.com. ',VAUTO,HAUTO,FULLHTML);" onmouseout="return nd();">Mageweave Cloth that dropped from the mobs we were killing.


Mageweave and Runecloth were levels where I "got by with a little help from my friends", for sure - but I don't have time to continue this entry right now so I'll write more later!